Saturday, December 9, 2006

My Solitary life

Finally, I’ve got my Christmas shopping done. Not an extravagant one as I’ve lost the significance of celebrating Christmas this year. In the past, Christmas is a day where my chums and I get together and have great laughs. Not to forget, it’s also an important day for my chum, Jeannie because she is born in this glorious day, 25th of December.

For me, this year will be a year of spending less money (on gifts and party) and eating less (of high Carbo & fattening gastronomic festive delicacies). I’ve officially decided to call off this festival. I’m planning to travel or a movie marathon in my cozy bedroom. There won’t be any chestnut roasting over the fireplace cause I don’t have one anyway or Mariah Carey singing “All I want for Christmas is you” as I’m “very” single. There is only me and Julia Roberts’s movies. I’m not lamenting that single hood is bad.

Most of the time, people deems being single is lonely.

For me, the difference between solitude and loneliness is that solitude is something you WANT and feel comfortable with, a peaceful, relaxing and inspirational space, and loneliness is an UNWANTED experience of being on your own.

I believe one of the greatest fears we have is the fear of loneliness, especially the loneliness that we feel when we are without a lover.

This fear traps many of us into unfulfilling or destructive relationships, or leads us into pursuing the wrong person just to AVOID being on our own. When The Hermit appears in your life, it may represent the loneliness you feel at the time. And remember, it is possible to feel more isolated and lonely in an unhappy relationship than when you are actually on your own!

I’m happy with where I am right now.

I’ll take my time and chill out, rather than making any hasty or impetuous decisions, THINK about the issues in my life carefully and from a more open-minded perspective and with a more positive attitude’

Ultimately, Christmas to me is a holiday for me to get away from my job and have fun. I’m having fun in my own ways and living in my solitary life so who dare say that being single is miserable…

No comments: