Sunday, December 31, 2006

The outsider

Not that I didn’t have anything to rail on or emotionally deprive but the world I’m looking at right now is in such chaos that I feel whatever happen to me is nothing the least to lament. Still, I’m optimistic about the future. How can I not? To be alive, typing this futile blog without knowing anyone will read. To see my mum making my breakfast daily without nagging that I should switch off the TV before I leave the house. Listening to Mariah Carey, All I want for Christmas is you, imagining that someday, someone I’m able to have that perfect imperfect relationship that lives up to my expectation. Physically well enough to complain that I’m fat and I shouldn’t eat too much where people in Africa or India are in great shortage of Food. Having my one of those “auntie” conversations and shopping with my chums sporadically.

To be honest, I’m truly blessed. We all are. Suffice to say, we’ll never be satisfied. Enough is never enough. The most important thing is not to obsess about complaining what you’ve been missing but to appreciate what you already have.

Be an outsider and look at yourself and you will realize how fortunate you can be! The truth is you are not missing out anything...

No comments: