Saturday, December 16, 2006

Friendship


"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

My weekends had been fabulous and more than what I had expected. The primary reason is because of the company I had. I appreciate and cherish friendship a lot especially Jeannie, a chum of mine whom I’ve known for 11 years. Ever since then we have this YTSS alliance of Jeannie(Genie), Meiling (4D auntie) and me(Ah Bu), of course they used to be more in our “hood” but friends come and go so the only survivors that I left is this remaining incredible supportive and caring friends.

We met on Friday night for dinner in Bugis to pre celebrates Jeannie’s birthday and the first after 11 years of friendship, X’mas gift exchanging. Since it’s only three of us, the chance of three of us picking up the different names is challenging. We finally did it in the fifth round, I receive Jeannie’s Gift, Jeannie receives Meiling’s gift and Meiling receives my gift. For me, instead of getting one gift for one person, I bought two. They are dearest to me and I don’t want to leave anyone out.

I got a Santa Clause beanie and a creatively designed mug which is perfect for me to utilize it in my office. Both Jeannie and Meiling receive my aromatherapy spa set. It’s pink in colour so they must be pretty satisfied. After an exhausting of photo taking and a series of hilarious repartee, we all went home with a big grin in our face.

I switch on the TV and to my horror, it’s the Korea scariest movie Ju-On 2. I’m so intrigue to watch yet so timid to open my eyes. I decided to switch it off after the 3rd scare within the 30 minutes of the movie. I figure that it’s late at night and I don’t really want any man knocking my door and shut my mouth up.

Saturday, I met Mary to collect her wedding photos. Initially, I wanted to design her photo album. However, after much calculation it’s more expensive to print the album on our own so she decided to ask for her hubby consent before making any decision. Her wedding is on the 15th of January and I was asked to be the host of the event. This is the second time I’m hosting such event. The difference is I’m doing it for a chum I’ve known for 10 years. Unlike previously, I was persuaded to do it. I just need to think about “What should I wear?” : ) After saying goodbye to Mary in Raffles City, I went to Orchard for my last minute Christmas shopping. I bought a long sleeved shirt for Chon Fai, my Coca Cola colleague, a set of Christmas cards from Watson and a book, The devil and Miss Prym from Paulo Coelho from Borders for myself.

As for Today, I’m meeting my chums again in Bishan, Junction 8 except this time to catch up with one of our long lost friend R whom had just recovered from depression. She has led quite a tough life after her parent divorced. The period when she was admitted to the mental ward is such a terrifying moment for me. I wish I could have done more to help. Sometimes, it’s easier to say than done. Nonetheless, my friendship for her never dies. Anytime she needs a friend, I’ll always be there. I hope she has found a whole new meaning in life…

P/S: I dedicate this blog to R. May god be with her and our support for her will keep her flourishing

1 comment:

Simplicity said...

Gd entry ;)

Btw, pls rem hor.. its 12 yrs & nt 11, haha!

.... 12 yrs & am stil counting!


Hugs::