Thursday, February 21, 2008

Simplicity is beautiful


My first overseas trip this year is to my mother’s hometown, Koris, Batu Pahat. Every Chinese New Year without fail, we’ll always avoid the heavy traffic at the causeway by traveling in the wee hours. This year is no exceptional; maybe because I’ve got my first digital camera last year, I begin to see its beauty of this serene and relaxing surrounding.

I’ve visited the “kampong” since I was a baby. It’s a simple yet mesmerizing town. Every morning, you’ll hear the rooster crow in the dawn, making sure you know the sun has rise. A new day has begun. I would usually spend my day watching dvds, reading a book and mountain trekking (Currently, I’m reading Let’s go Thailand on a budget). At times, gazing at my mum and uncle on how to cook a feast for the family, joking and gossiping around as the time rolls by…That’s the luxury of life, spending time with the people you love, not worrying about anything.

What’s simple is that we don’t realize how gratifying our life can be without the over excess material. I guess keep it simple has a new found meaning.

Simplicity is beautiful if you know how to appreciate…

No comments: