Thursday, November 15, 2007

what's there not to celebrate?

In Singapore, you either look for the perfect job, perfect house or the perfect relationship. What’s not perfect is that if you’re single you’re bound to be discriminated. Let’s see, when you are in a relationship, you celebrate Valentine’s Day, when you’re married, you celebrate wedding anniversary but when you’re single, what do you celebrate about? Congratulations on your break up! You’re now single! It’s so unfair that as a single on my 27th year. I’ve learnt that the perfect relationship starts with you first. If you can’t handle your own emotions then forget about loving somebody. Besides, Statue of Liberty is a single celebrating his own Freedom in New York. We singles celebrate our own independence, freedom and which movie to watch? I know once in a while everyone needs someone to share, listen or for some people to have sex with but why can’t people accept the fact that a person can be alone, perfectly well to celebrate his or her own single hood.

Seriously, I’ve been a single for 27th year. Did I say 27 again? I’m getting old. I catch a movie on my own. I eat on my own. Okay! Don’t you dare think that it’s pathetic. I can read your mind. Once in a while, I can have a hot date. She is as hot as Tom Yam Kung (Soup), as delicious as Phad Thai and as sweet as the Thai Ice Tea. It all happens unexpectedly last year during my birthday. I’ve been dating her for two years. Although I don’t usually hang out with her often but once in a while, it’s an amazing experience not to forget. The best thing about this great date is that there is not expectation of what to say, what to wear and not to mention what not to embarrass. There seems to be a mutual understanding between her and me. It’s not contrived and is full of surprises. Who am I dating with? It’s the city of angels, Bangkok. I think it’s getting serious. What’s serious is that I don’t feel lonely about it. I travel and discover a whole new me. I enjoy the quality time I’ve spent with myself that can’t be achieve by another person or lover. What’s so bad about single hood? Is it because I can’t find happiness within myself that I need someone to complete me?

Just imagine staying in one of the guest house in Khao San, eating a small piece of blueberry cheese cake with a cup of Lipton tea, sipping my tea and typing this blog. I can’t help but to indulge that kind of solitude that I have. Instead of caring how people look at you and misjudge you. For all you know, it’s my right to be who I am and it’s my only right to embrace my single hood. Unless I'm wrong, which would be unusual for me...

3 comments:

Simplicity said...

Woooooo WOW!

Well said.

Til we catch up again har.

*Cant wait*

;)

米可 said...

Its better to be single than sorry! Whoohoo!

Wubing said...

Happy Birthday bro....lately a lot going thru for me, dad got major sugery, I resigned from Flametree and the one I loved as usual, haha, hurt me again. So what new ? Miss u bro, u are not alone, I miss my best buddy here in Singapore ya hahaha. Stay cool.