Monday, November 26, 2007

Happily ever after…ever ever after? หนูน้อยหมวกแดง



Last Friday, I met one of my distressed friends, WB for dinner. Instead of cheering him up and offering my five cents worth of advice in life, he zealously recommend this extremely hilarious and life enlightening movie, ENCHANTED to cheer me up?

The story goes like this…A princess to be was pushed by the devious queen to the world where happily ever after do not exist. Guess where? It’s the earth where you and I live.

After watching the movie, I can’t help but to wonder has Fairy tale lost its existence in our world? If it’s true, what will the real fairy tale be like? Cinderella discover her beloved husband is having an affair with the less than enthralling chamber maid or Sleeping beauty is faking orgasms to make the prince happily ever after…

As men decided to abandon fairy tales for “Balls” (any kind of balls you can think of :), Is love becoming secondary in our life as we pursue on sex, fame and fortune? Perhaps the only fairy tale that we should believe in is the red ridding hood that had been devoured by the devious wolf. Don’t believe in the sweet nothings and romantic gestures that the wolf disguise easily as what comes later might be severely damaging or psychotic.

I know I’m cynical but instead of thinking “Happily ever after”, let’s just hope for the best and prepare for the worst and be present in every moment cause nothing happens by accident, everything happens for a reason…

No comments: