Friday, March 2, 2007

Emancipation with Ah Bu

A bit of chaos and uncertainty today but there is no reason to believe that the near future will be unrewarding because I’ve made a choice. I’ve quitted my job in Coca-Cola and hurdle to Super Coffeemix. There is a lot of reason why I made that decision, even though at times my surrounding makes me feel like I’m impulsive. There are lots of rumors that I’ve heard about Super Coffeemix which thankfully turns out to be untrue. I guess for me it’s the prospect in Super CM that entices me to make this decision.

First of all, no offence to anyone, I personally don’t think the company’s image and the packaging design are well-established yet. Thus, I would love to take this opportunity to revolutionize the current look of Super Coffeemix and expand their existing customer database and region to sell their products.

As a designer, it’s gratifying to see a revamp from something ordinary to world-class status. The satisfaction from the achievements you’ve received is far better than your monthly salary. Rather than staying in Coca-Cola where Coca-Cola will always be Coca-Cola, I’ll take up the challenges and the unknown and do something great with it.

The current situation is challenging the old order, and my position in the next phase of the development. As a team leader, I’ve to supervisor 3-4 junior designers with great diligent. I want them to open up their mind in receiving ideas and constructive criticism which help me to lean towards my expectation for the company. So far, I’ve got the best people in my team. They take initiatives and are co-operative. In the near future, I’ll be able to see if my big gamble will pay off, but this is no indicator that things are going wrong. I truly believe everything serves a wonderful purpose. The only way to find out is to move on and unravel.

This temporary confusion could be a positive indicator that my life is moving in a better direction than I initially anticipated. I’ve also recently started my first lesson in Buddhism studies. Like the teachings in Buddhism;

“Don’t hold on to the past because there is nothing you can do about it. Participate in the present and the future will take care by itself”

P/S: Ah Bu is my name in Hokkien where my mum calls me all the time...

No comments: