Saturday, March 17, 2007

My favorite Hangout - Bookstore

Brass Brasah Complex, a place where I hang out most of the time and discover a whole new world through books. The best thing about Brass Brasah Complex is that the books or magazines are affordable. From $2 a magazine (past issue) to $5 for a travel guide, you can visit Paris within five minutes by reading a travelogue or be at the runway where the models flaunting the latest collection of GUCCI or Prada.

By saying this, it makes me feel like a nerd. However, being extremely curious or inquisitive is not a bad thing. If only we can be like a bookstore receiving people from all walks of life, only people who have the desire to pursue knowledge. I think that is better than clubbing or shopping. Unfortunately, I still can’t keep my hands off shopping at this time but now instead of spending more money on clothes, I spend it on books. I must at least buy a magazine or book whenever I visit the bookstore.

I’m addicted to visiting the bookstores (any bookstore) that my friends used to complain my usual itinerary is to visit Kinokuniya first and then to Borders. There was a time I was so disappointed when I found out there isn’t any proper bookstore in Brunei. (I used to work in Brunei for a period as an Art Director.) Thus, you can see how bored I must have been at my world without books or magazines.

I told myself that I wouldn’t want to loss that sense of curiosity. It would be the end of my world. As a single I seriously don’t know where to hang out and without curiosity we won’t constantly upgrading ourselves. okay, it's time to buy a bigger bookshelf...

“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.” – Ellen Parr

No comments: