Sunday, November 19, 2006

I deserve to be Happy!

Till to some unfortunate misunderstandings and encouragement from my chum, Jeannie, I decided to pick up my keyboard and type again. To start off my first blog, I decided to post myself a question: What makes me happy?

Here’s just a sampling of my happy list: loving what I do for a living (Although not at all times but I still love designing), going for a run all plugged in to my mp3 player (full of Madonna’s dance tracks), Oranges (the zest from my hand peeled oranges revitalize me), Watching anything related to Julia Roberts from movie to interview (my ultimate favorite will be Pretty Woman, My Best Friend’s Wedding and Erin Brockovich), hearing my mother laughing out loud watching her TV (we both share the same unrestraint and rambunctious way of laughing out loud) The list could go on and on, and I feel blessed to be able to say that.

We think about happiness and how to be happy a lot and maybe not at all times as survey have shown that man think about SEX 91% all the times. However, instead of looking at the small little actions that we carry out, I decided to give it a closer look, trying to examine what lies behind the happy things that we do. The essence of Happiness, to understand what it is that makes us feel content on a basic psychological level. Turns out happiness doesn’t come from any single trait or success but rather a collection of qualities and life experiences. “Real happiness comes from inside. Meaning that if you want enduring satisfaction, you have to maintain a mind set that allows you to always look for small miracle” reveals Dan Baker, Ph.D., coauthor of What Happy People Know.

Happiness is not measured by smile; it’s a state of mind. You don’t have to be perpetually chippering to be happy. What you need is optimism, altruism, be easily contented, a purpose in your life, stay grateful and self-depreciating humor will get you a long way. Forget about dieting or breast implant, if you’re not happy with yourself, you’ll never be happy.

My name is Kyle, I deserve to be happy and so do you.

P/S: I delicate this blog to my beloved chum, Jeannie. Wishing her all the happiness in the world.

2 comments:

Simplicity said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Simplicity said...

THANKS, ah bu :)