Saturday, October 30, 2010

At this moment, where am I?

A single man, having an impression of this familar city, asking himself where is he heading, but yet looking strangely at the same time. Bangkok, the city which I fall in love with often gets me addicted with their perfect imperfection, the bustling traffic, the agreesive tuk tuk drivers (okay, maybe not that) and the infamous red-light district which infuses with the glorious Buddhist temples. This impression oftens lingers in my mind.

This city, everytime I'm here, in my mind, become wonderous into many different worlds, some comes with nostalgia, some adventurous, some lonely but mostly liberating with happiness and some you can't let go and you have to keep revisiting, just to pursue that same old setiments you once remember but can never feel quite right the same as before. Everyone living in this city have different ways of mapping it. Some follow their heart, some follow the road signs and some circling along the same road waiting for someone to point them the right direction.

The key is am I wiling to try out a different road, out to a city I've never been. At this moment, it doesn't matter what I'm doing but where am I that matter most.

Everyday, walking in the same city but different routes, mapping out my own directions, I stop and asked myself at this moment again, where am I?

I feel that my life is where I want to be...

Happy Birthday to me!

Read previous Birthday entries

http://skylet.blogspot.com/2009/11/first-cry.html

http://skylet.blogspot.com/2008/10/081180.html

http://skylet.blogspot.com/2007/11/whats-there-not-to-celebrate.html

No comments: