Thursday, March 6, 2008

A twist in Bangkok Love Story (Pheuan... Guu rak meung waa)


Last Oct, I saw the review of this arty Thai film. Since then, I'm deeply attracted by the theme song sang by Calories Blah Blah. Yes, that's the name of the Thai artiste. As I begin to love the song even more, I thought the chances of seeing this movie in Singapore is minuscule. However, recently Golden Village Plaza & Vivo brought in this movie to Singapore. Then I realize it's such a depressing movie. (Think Broke Back Mountain but not as good)

Few good things about this movie is that it talks about discrimination and stigmatisation in AIDs from our society. Also, LOVE that transcends more than just sexual preferences. I mean to wait for someone you love for over 40 years. Same goes for the movie, The Leap Years. What are the odds? Is it a silly or noble thing to do? That answer I'll leave it to individual. For me personally, It's good to know some people do spent their life waiting for someone they love, it might sound nice and devoted but it's not an ordinary thing to do.

Nonetheless, if you love the theme song, check out the video below.

No comments: