Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Good Bye?

There is a song, Sorry seems to be the hardest thing, and I disagree as Goodbye seems to be the hardest, at least to me.

After my 18 days of re-service, I soon discovered a problem; one more problem added to my extensive life deficiency list. I’ve a problem with saying Goodbye. Not that I can’t bear to leave that filthy and inhospitable environment, it’s just that when I’m used to certain people or place. It’s like an old habit that can’t purge. I got used to it.

During my short stay in camp, all the activities are programmed, Breakfast, Shooting, Lunch, IED, Physical training and Dinner, on and on like a routine. It seems like undergo any kind of training is to stick with the timetable. There is not much to think about, nothing to plan anyway. In a way, it feels like bliss as everything is planned for you. After completing my re-service, there is a sense of loss; there is no timetable to follow, just me, myself and I. I can’t help but wonder why is goodbye good when I feel so indisposed? Maybe it’s time to outline my own timetable instead of following others.

There are relationships that lead you to the unexpected, those that bring you sorrow, those that show you love but the most challenging and gratifying relationship is the one that you have with yourself...

1 comment:

Wubing said...

"There are relationships that lead you to the unexpected, those that bring you sorrow, those that show you love but the most challenging and gratifying relationship is the one that you have with yourself..." - this is meaningful bro !