Monday, October 5, 2009

My kind of happiness



I grew up with my mother's love surrounding me since young, to certain extent the love that she showers manifest into my "curvy" figure. The kind of happiness that I experience or pursue is very different. Once the fairy tale "happily ever after" enchanted me, leading me to believe everyone needs a soul mate. I might not have been into any BB relationship or soul mate experience before, I certainly don't miss out any happiness.

My kind of happiness is traveling around the world, exposing myself to the unknown. Waking up every morning to the breakfast my mum prepares for me. Knowing I've certain amount of money to do some bargain hunting. Meeting up with chums gossiping about someone who knows someone.

However, last Sunday, I experience another kind of happiness...from a wedding. something I thought is a contrived man-made ceremony to declare what love is all about. I've known this couple, JB & MJ since secondary school from my chum, JL. We'll often traveled to JB together for a weekend get away filled with food galore, spa indulgence and of course mouth gossiping exercise.

When I was asked to participate in their wedding, from gown selection, styling to hosting. I've never felt so delighted! The progress might not be easy but it's the hard work put into the friends you've seen, evolving from single to a couple that is gratifying. It's amazing to see the usual wedding dinner that I dread to go turns out to be an exciting event. It is truly a joyous occasion. The thing about marriage is you have to be willing to died and love for each other, faithfully without losing yourself to one another. I might not share the same kind of happiness with them but I truly feel that their kind of happiness will last forever...

No comments: