Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fatulous!

Few weeks ago, I bumped into my ex-colleague whom is “stick” thin making a comment about my weight. The unanticipated sharp words, "Hey, you've been gaining weight" took me by surprise. After a few months not seeing each other and that's the first thing you can say about me. How about “how are you” to begin with? Then a strangest thing happen, never in my life have I been so comfortable to reply that I'm truly happy with how I look and my weight right now.

First of all, fat is not a sin. Gluttony is. In my life, I’ve always been struggling with 2 major issues. Fat & Love. When I was 13, I’m an abusive eater. I ate so much that my greatest gain is carrying over 110kg of fats in my 43 inches school pant. Not to mention, of course the school pant have to be especially tailor made according to my new found achievement. Once again, I’m humiliated with the fact that I’m fat.

After about 8 yrs of losing 35kg to the recent weight of 75kg (Beware: there might be a chance of gaining all those fats back) I realize perhaps the reason I’m still single is because I’m nevertheless fat. Am I too fat not to be loved? I remember watching the channel 8 drama series, it used to say that there is always someone out there meant for you but how come after years of losing weight, “wearing the right underwear” & reading all the self-help magazines about what’s love fails to get me attached. My friend even recommends drinking peach blossom green tea on the first day of Chinese New Year to increase my romances!! There are fat people who got attached. So why not me? I’m not even that portly.

Then I understand just like a piece of artwork. Everyone have his own ideal of perfect partner. It’s subjected to your preferences. Therefore, I don’t want to try hard to become that perfect eligible bachelor that the society or the magazine that you read deems so. The well-built 6-pacs torso with brown delicious tan living around the central business district! I’m not going to be the society victims. I don’t want to feel sorry for myself. We are all equal in the search for our own happiness, regardless of sizes and I mean the other kind of size as well. I just want to be myself and become the delicious apple of someone’s eyes. We would both share the sinful potato chips on a Saturday night naked on the sofa without been ashamed of my wobbly tummy declaring war against me. Till then, I’m not afraid of telling everyone that I’m single and fatulous!!

No comments: