Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My imaginary friend

There is an imaginary friend, whom basically lives among all of us. Thankfully, I discovered him two days ago when my friend, JB confides to me about his relationship problems. It comes as a shocking revelation as I’ve always imaging things have been going pretty well between the two of them, if not, a stable relationship where I can see labors of fruit. However, that’s only my imaginary friend’s wishful thinking. This imaginary friend chooses to perceive what he wishes to believe, not knowing the fact that the happiness on his face could be spurring of moment.

Our mind preconceives and develops what we see from the surface. We fail to realize that what we perceives could be delusions. We perceive briefly from a certain situation or expression, believing that if the person is rich, he’ll be happy. If the couples, who seem to be happily married, there should be no infidelity or disagreement…

The imaginary friend is me; he lives within me, inside all of us. If only we can get rid of our preconceptions and discriminating nature, then we are able to see the world clearly and not just by reducing the fumes coming out from the chimneys that remind us of the importance of global warming.

As Mister B once said;

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.

Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.

Do not believe in anything because it is spoken and rumored by many.

Do not believe in anything because it’s found written in your religious books or on the authority of your teachers and elders…

But only after observations analysis when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefits of one and all then accept it and live up to it.


I have come to my conclusion that don't envy someone else good fortune cause everyone have their ups and downs. For all you know, perception could also turn into deception…

No comments: