Saturday, January 8, 2011

A single running man

Every evening or almost, unless I’m travelling, you’ll see me jogging around my neighborhood wearing my white Tee and shorts with a white “chanel” inspired watch to keep track of the time. Most of the time, I forgot how many rounds I’ve jogged so with the watch I can tell how much time I’ve spent on each round without over running.

Come to think about it, it’s been 8 years since I started jogging, initially, it’s about losing weight, but as time goes by, I eat as much as I jog and I run for other reasons. One of the main reasons, perhaps I know is whenever I feel down, I run. Focusing only breathing in and out, not allowing my mind to think about my emotions. Losing breathe seems to be meditative, jogging seems to empty my head which is a relief as my mind always bubbling with thoughts incessantly.

After every run, there is this inexplicable liberating feeling, for some is adrenaline pumping, for me it’s clear headed, my observation and awareness to simple things seems to heighten me. That simple bliss, that clear mind, the unwanted emotions, I know I’m not running away, I’m running inside myself, getting to know me and handle my thoughts a little better…

No comments: