Thursday, May 13, 2010

The right timing and challenge

I’m discussing the content of a lifestyle enriching website that I’m designing, and then comes the question, Kyle, you’ve so much good ideas, why don’t you write something for us and we’ll edit it for you. That’s where I begin to think. I love to read. I love good quotes or well-phrased sentences even more. I usually spend time chilling out with my book, a well written book of course. When I finished, I realized what a joy it is to read books that take place sort of where I am.

However, writing for real is not my forte. I believe Carrie in Sex and the City is awe-inspiring (her shoes collection as well) and there are times when my friend referencing her role as my character in life. unfortunately, I am more Miranda than Carrie. She is a writer and I’m neurotic, both of us might be in the creative industry but doesn’t mean everyone is born to write.

In my secondary days, I’ve problem writing a 350 words composition. My punctuation is always kind of…eccentric. I guess that puts the fear of writing in my dictionary.

However, I believe in the power of good timing and challenge. It’s like reading. Certain books have come into my life in such a way that I can’t help but to think, “This is the perfect time for me to be reading this.” When my life is in the crossroad, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho gives me the strength in knowing what each individual can achieve. When I was travelling for the first time to Laos, Eat, Pray and Love by Elizabeth Gilbert changes my perspective in travelling and inspire me to cherish every moment.

When I travel, books are my only companions; the character in the book makes my imagination runs amok when I’m sitting on a long bus or train journey except reading on a plane where I find it confining and contrived. Travelling is the best time I can read completely, 2 to 3 novel for a period of one month. A good book inspires you, change your perception and the way you see life.

I also think everything happens for a reason. I’m so good in bitching thus I don't think writing might be hard. I actually don’t mind writing at all, at least not professionally, my english teacher Miss Laila will be so proud. If I can share my feelings in a novel sort of way. Certainly; it’ll be gratifying. Well, let's hope I won't end up in tragedy like most classic novels are...

1 comment:

Wubing said...

Nah, you won't end up like the novel hehe.