Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Never ending journey


The Bhagavad Gita – that ancient Indian yogic text – once says that it’s better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection. Living in Singapore, where expectation is as high as the high rise buildings in Boat Quay, one can tell you that being a freelancer is hopeless; No stability, No prospects & No CPF contributions. However, I choose to live my destiny imperfectly contrary to what the society deems fit. I choose to travel and discover my life than to pursue the materialistic gains endlessly.

After coming back from my back-packing trip in Thailand & Laos, I’ve affirmed that travelling is a priceless experience. Regardless, how much you pay for the air ticket, guest house or Phad Thai, the journey itself is something money can’t buy. (This’s where MasterCard flashes their logo :)

Travelling is not merely an experience, it changes you. It broadens your horizons and not just provides you with a topic of conversation, but it opens up your mind to question more about your life. The cultural differences provide you another perspective to discover who you really are. First, I’ve become a vegetarian, not specifically for religious purpose but for the rights of animal. Just because the animals can’t talk doesn’t mean they have no pain. Second, the devotion to enquire and question more about Buddhism, Third, the passion to start learning mediation.

Just when I’m about to feel that the journey is ending, the ending unfolds itself as a beginning to explore further. However different the culture is, happiness, love & compassion transcend through all ages and languages. If I say life is like a never ending journey, then my life now is only the beginning…

3 comments:

米可 said...

Totally agree. my turn soon. Lynn's Adventure. YOOHOO.

Wubing said...

Agreed. Hope got more freelances come in for u, than more money go traveling hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.