Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Don't differentiate ourselves from others!

It’s been a while since I last updated my blog. Trust me I’m still alive. Even though I’m a hermit to be but I’m still intact with the society. I’m back from my company’s retreat at Batam. The resort is serene with a great swimming pool view. Win myself a $100 Takashimaya voucher and really get to know my company even more. I’m glad to mention that I’ll be receiving my additional variable bonus as our company performs extraordinary well. It will be a great enhancement for my Thailand trip this coming August.

Recently, I’ve been intrigued by the teaching of Buddha which make me decided to take up a diploma course from the Buddhist library located in Gelyang. The diploma cost around $240 and if you decided to take the exam, it will be an additional $100. I guess the teaching is philosophical thus no validation needed, as long as I get “enlightened” and use it in my daily life. That’s the greatest gratification I’ll ever need.

Speaking about religious, I can’t help but to realize that in this world that we live, religious war never fail to cease. From my personal opinion, the main reason is because we human being tends to focus too much on the differences. You see, all religious teaches good and it exist for a good cause. To love and not to kill. The main principle of every religion is the same; it’s only the teaching that is covey differently. Every human being is an individual and has different preferences. They search or inspire for an explanation or teaching they are comfortable with and are able to relate.

A good example will be if we focus on the similarities that every one of us eats, sleep and play the same way. Then, we should never differentiate each other from fat, skinny, tall, short, Asian, white, black, and etc…In this way, we’re more open-mined and less judgmental…perhaps then they will be less war and harmony will not be invaded.

No comments: